Monday 13 October 2008

The uncommon me.

It is okay for me to be uncommon, I have the right, I have my own reasons.
Is the opportunity that I seek that counts but definitely not the wild unplanned blind dreams.
I refuse to live life like a slave, do what was told, eat what was fed, bumbled and dulled by the so called "Law of Life".
I want to take the calculated risks to dream and to build, to fail and to succeed, to earn my respect and give glory to God.
Yes I am greedy.
I desire both Solomon's wealth and a servant's attitude like what David does.
I wouldn't mind to barter a few minor mistakes for a life lesson.
I prefer the challenges of life to the guaranteed existence, the thrill of fulfillment to the stale calm of the ideal society.
Mistakes and failures suck big time but they complete my dignity.
I shouldn't cower before any master nor any threats, because I have a faithful God to be pleased.
It is my heritage to challenge, be loud and ambitious, fear and obey God, be observant but not necessarily have to follow, enjoy ripping what I had sowed, continue to be entertaining because my talent is so valuable, and I blend in the world to make a difference.
Tell myself that I will be the change that I want to see in the world.
Why not?
Then, I face the God bold and say,
"This is what I have done!"

4 comments:

c said...

did you write that?

Wanster said...

i'm gonna quote from jonathan davis of korn, "people laugh at us because we are different, but it is us who laugh back at them because they are all the same"

not a good source though, but it's very true.

Justin Low said...

Xana> Not exactly, the original poster was from curry leaves when we were in Seremban.

Wanster> Who is Jonathan Davis? Who cares where it came from la but the quote is true!

Wanster said...

jonathan davis, urm, lead singer of koRn, the band with the inverted "R"? heheh never mind :)